This page explains the type of information that is collected by ITELEC, how such information is used and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed. If you have any privacy concerns, you should direct them to the Company’s Privacy Officer by e-mailing here
or by writing to:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 670
Mudgeeraba QLD. 4213
Personal information collected by ITELEC is used in accordance with its obligations under the “Privacy Act 1988” Personal information is “information relating to an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion provided.”
The Internet is an insecure medium and users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet. Information submitted unencrypted via e-mail or web forms may be at risk of being intercepted, read or modified.
For those who do not wish to use the Internet we provide alternative ways of obtaining and providing the information. If you prefer, you can contact us by phone or mail.
Site Visit Data
This site is mainly operated by ITELEC; however there are some products that are provided by an external internet service provider. Users of the products provided via external providers should be aware of the 'links to other sites' information at the end of this statement.
When visiting the company’s site, a record of your visit is logged. The following information is recorded for statistical purposes and is used by ITELEC to help improve the site. The following information is provided by your browser:
- the type of browser you are using
- the date and time of your visit
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- the address of the referring site
- your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines)
- the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Government Agency or Regulatory Authority in the course of a legally enforced investigation.
Collection of Personal Information
We will, at your request, provide you with access to any information which we have collected about you through this website in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 6, Privacy Act 1988. To gain access to this information you should contact us, as per the above contact details. If you believe any information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us and we will revise the relevant information in accordance with Information Privacy Principle 7, Privacy Act 1988.
When you e-mail us:
- we will record your e-mail address
- we will only use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list unless you request this be done
- we will not disclose it without your consent, except where ITELEC may be required by law to disclose certain information
When you use our Feedback forms:
- we will record the personal information provided by you (for example you name, address, telephone number etc)
- we will only use this information for the purpose for which you provided it
- only company authorised staff will have access to this information
We will not disclose it without your consent, except where ITELEC may be required by law to disclose certain information
A cookie is an electronic token that is passed between browser and server to transfer small amounts of information. They are used to maintain site information as you navigate different pages on a web site or return to the web site at a later time.
Search terms that you enter when using our search engine are collected, but there is no link between search terms and personal details. Nor are they associated with any other information that we collect. We use these search terms to ascertain what people are looking for at our site and to improve the services that we provide.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. ITELEC is not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites and has no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy, when visiting a linked site, you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites.